Storwell Bursary Program
Storwell Self Storage offers an annual bursary of $2,000 to support foster children as they pursue their post-secondary education and to help them as they progress into a new and exciting stage of their lives.
See this LINK for requirements and application forms.
- Students interested in travelling and studying abroad once they graduate should check out www.studyandgoabroad.com
- Concordia University - is offering virtual student information sessions. Visit https://concordia.ab.ca/future-students/student-for-a-day/ to register.
- Macewan- Go to MacEwan.ca/InfoSessions
- NAIT - See a counsellor for more information or visit www.nait.ca
- U of A - Registering in courses for the first time can feel overwhelming, but we are here to help. Students can sign up for a Registration 101 workshop where we help them register for their courses! Each workshop covers how to navigate the Bear Tracks system for course selection and registration, which first year courses to take, and next steps on their U of A journey. Registration is open and available at uab.ca/reg101.
- Augustana Campus -To apply or request more information visit https://www.ualberta.ca/augustana/programs/admissions/future/index.html
- Students are encouraged to visit MacEwan.ca/InfoSessionWeeks.
- Lakeland College - for admission and any information visit https://www.lakelandcollege.ca/admissions/plan-a-visit/info-orientation-sessions/default2.aspx
- Norquest - Wednesday, May 18th is Norquest College Information Night beginning at 5-7:30pm at their downtown campus - 10215 108 Street NW Edmonton. Enter to win $500 off your tuition. Learn about programs in health, business, community studies, environment and technology. They have info sessions and admissions support available to help your students pick the right program and get their application started! Campus tours will run every half an hour. Register at www.norquest.ca.
- MC College - to watch program information sessions or to book a virtual tour go to https://www.mccollege.ca/admissions/virtual-open-house/
Scholarships & Bursaries
Attention Gr. 12 students! Exciting scholarships & bursaries
- Check out the Slemko Scholarship, Ste. Anne Gas and other local scholarships available in the counselling area.
- Remax- is offering 12 - $1000 bursaries for students who are involved in their community. Key qualities students should demonstrate are leadership, motivation and communication skills. Other attributes may include volunteering, participation in charitable events or fundraiser, and contributions that enrich the lives of others and their communities. Go to https://www.remax-western.ca/blog/charities/ to apply.
- The Henry Tomlinson Memorial Scholarship offered through the SANG Co-op Community Enhancement Foundation can now be applied for by Gr. 12 students who have been accepted and enrolled in an Alberta post-secondary institution. There are up to 5 scholarships, each worth $5000, available to successful applicants. The deadline for applying is June 30, 2022. Please come down to the Wrap Around or visit steanne gas.com for more information.
- Alberta Chartered Accountants are offering a number of scholarships to high school students- some specifically for students from rural areas.
Check out: https://www.cpaalberta.ca/Foundation/Support-Programs-and-Scholarships/Scholarships/High-School-Scholarships
- The Lac Ste Anne Historical Foundation Scholarship worth $500 is available to students from the County of Lac Ste Anne. Highest priority will be for those students entering post secondary school in agriculture or education. Students must submit by May 18th- a resume, transcript, application form and an essay on one of the topics provided.
- Johnathan Doody Memorial Scholarship, for first year male University of Alberta students. Offering three $800 scholarships for eligible students. The scholarship is preferred for students who have a strong commitment to both academics and extracurriculars. The application for the scholarship is available online and the deadline is September 17th, 2022, although we encourage students to apply earlier during the month of August to register early for interviews. The applications can be accessed at:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfd3X_Rv8HpwSAGu4it6gYMsGN1ETLekvt813B6ApBiT5Z5Pg/viewform
- In order to prepare for the 2022-2023 academic year, the 2021-2022 Alexander Rutherford High School Achievement Scholarship application will be closed on the Alberta Student Aid System on Friday, April 29th.
1. Students will be able to login to the Alberta Student Aid System in early August to apply online for the new 2022-23 Alexander Rutherford High School Achievement Scholarship.
2. Any "work in progress" applications students have not submitted to Alberta Student Aid will be closed on the system on April 29th. These students will need to reapply when the 2022-23 online application is available in early August.
Alberta scholarship and award deadlines and applications:
Scholarships & Awards Deadlines:
It's important for students to leave as much time as possible to complete their scholarship applications. Many scholarships and awards have annual deadlines - and some have fall/winter session deadlines.
Alberta's scholarships and awards are made available either by:
- Student Application- Student must complete and submit application.
- Nomination of Recipients- School/supporting organization must nominate and process application on behalf of the student.
Note: For nominated scholarships and awards, students must inquire about the school’s/sponsoring organization’s posted application deadline. This deadline typically falls months before the nomination deadline which is in place for the school/sponsoring organization to submit their nominations to Student Aid.
The deadlines for submitting completed applications and supporting documents required to apply for Alberta scholarships and awards varies according to each scholarship and award.
This recently launched new website ( https://ScholarTree.ca) helps students find and apply for scholarships.
The site was created with the intent to help reduce student debt, which many students have to take on for post-secondary education. ScholarTree.ca streamlines the scholarship process for students; all they have to do is create a simple profile and based on the information they provide (including school, field of interest, volunteer experience etc.) we will match them to all of the scholarships that they qualify for. ScholarTree is 100% free to students! To access the list of scholarships that students can apply for until the end of August visit the following link: Summer Scholarship List
- Onoway Regional Fire Services are looking for Youth Firefighters. Check out the information in the Wrap Around.
- Indigenous Student Employment Opportunity with the Government of Canada- full time high school students can apply at: GoToApply.ca?PSC-Students or go to the Wrap Around for more information.
- The Chateau Lac Ste Anne is looking to hire a summer maintenance assistant. Students who apply must be at least 15 years old and planning to return to school in the fall. Application deadline is Friday, June 10th at 4pm. More information is available in the Wrap Around.
- The Onoway Historical Guild is hiring a student for July and August. Check out the information on the position in the Wrap Around. A cover letter and a resume that includes two references must be emailed to them by noon on Wednesday, June 15th.
- The Alberta Beach Library is hiring a summer student. Applicants must be a minimum of 16 years of age. More information is available in the Wrap Around. Application deadline is June 4th.
- Rochfort Bridge Museum is hiring 2 people for the summer. Apply by June 24th. You can get the information on the positions from one of the counsellors.
- NGPS is looking to hire 2 summer ground maintenance workers for the Sangudo location. Information is available in the Wrap Around. Deadline to apply is June 10th.
- Petro Canada is hiring for multiple positions- gas station attendant/cashiers and food service attendants. Email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or ask for an application form at the cash desk.