Daily Bulletin Monday, January 21, 2019 Day 1
- Just a reminder to all students who drive. The 5 minute drop off zone in front of the school is not for students!
- High school students who want timetable changes - forms will be available in the office. Core classes CAN NOT be changed without a parent signature. Students should see Mr. Bellerose or Ms. Dundas with any questions regarding credits and requirements for graduation and post-secondary programs.
- Would all high school students please return their Semester 1 text books to the library as soon as they are finished studying. Do not wait until Semester 2 starts to return your texts - there are students who will need your text books the first day. Thank you!
- Could you please give a PUCK!? Mrs. Anderson is collecting hockey pucks for the band program. If you (or anyone you know) has access to hockey pucks (of any kind! Old, Used, etc.) you no longer need, please put them in her mailbox. Any and all puck donations are appreciated!
- All Northern Gateway Students are required to pay a yearly $30 technology fee. It is added to any other fee charged to the School Cash Accounting System Payment can be made online or in the office.
- The Jr Basketball teams were in action in Barrhead on Saturday. The girls improved all day and finished 7th. The boys won the consolation final. Jacob Oullette forced over 10 turnovers with his strong defensive play.
- RUNNING CLUB- Running club today after school
- Honour Band: Tomorrow (Tuesday) is Woodwinds. Clarinet sectional today at lunch. Saxophone sectional Wednesday.
- PEER TEACHING LESSONS TODAY: Monday - Annie Lamarre & Elora Mustus-Alexis
- U OF A LESSONS are on Wednesday January 23rd.
- Reminder to all Honour Band Students going to Banff - your final payment of $540.00 for the Banff Trip is DUE FEBRUARY 22nd.
- CHECK your ngps.ca email account. THE LAST DAY TO SUBMIT WORK IS WEDNESDAY JANUARY 23 BY 3:30 PM. No assignments will be accepted after this date and time
CAFE CORNER –
- Monday- Popcorn Chicken Poutine $6.00
- Tuesday- BBQ Pork RIb Patty $6.00
- Wednesday- Homemade Curly Fries $5.00
- Thursday- Spaghetti and Meat Sauce with Garlic Toast and Juice $7.50
- Friday – Thunder Crunch Chicken Burger $6.00
- Weekly Special- 2 Hotdogs and Juice $6.00
- Soup Of The Week – Chicken Cheddar Soup $3.50
- Smoothie Of The Week - Orange Creamsicle Smoothie $4.00
- Coffee Of The Week - English Toffee Latte $3.50
- CAFE upstairs in Learning Commons is now closed due to final exams.
FEMALES INC. –
- If you identify as female and want to have some fun at lunch - some former OJSH students are starting a group for you on Tuesdays at noon. First meeting will be Tuesday Feb 12.
GREEN CERTIFICATE –
- It is testing time again - March 5-7. Pick up a registration form from Ms. Dundas. Signed forms must be back in by Feb 15!!
- The 2019 Grad list is posted. Grads - you must ensure your name is spelled correctly - let Ms. Dundas know if it is not. If your name appears on the Potential Graduate list- see Mr. Lobo or Ms. Dundas to find out how you can get your name on The Onoway Jr. Sr. High Graduating Class of 2019 list. Only the students on this list will be allowed to participate in OJSH graduation ceremony.
PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB –
- When: Mondays 3:40 – 4:30/5
- Where: Room 161 in CTS wing
- INFO: See Mr. Eastman for details
POST SECONDARY INFORMATION & SCHOLARSHIPS
- U OF A Info week is being held Jan 29th-31st. See one of the counsellors for a schedule
- Augustana University Campus Visits: Upcoming Preview days:
Saturday, February 2nd, 2019
Friday, February 22nd, 2019
- Grade 11 Students interested in attending the University of Alberta!! If you are an engaged student who would like to see the U of A like never before, continue reading. The Green and Gold Getaway is an exclusive event open to Grade 11 students from across Alberta. Twenty lucky students will be selected to visit the North Campus in Edmonton on May 11 & 12, 2019. If selected, the experience includes accommodations, travel expense reimbursement and a whirlwind weekend of exciting activities both on campus and in Edmonton. For more information or to apply for the experience, visit uab.ca/GGG The deadline to apply is January 27, 2019. Please see the counsellors if you have any questions.
- Grade 12s thinking of becoming a Mountie - stop by the wrap around and pick up an application to experience 5 days at Depot in Regina - the RCMP training academy . There is NO cost to attend if you are selected! Applications MUST be in BEFORE Jan 31.
- Meetings will be afterschool on Tuesdays in the library.
STUDENT COUNCIL –
- There will be a student council meeting when the bell rings in the breakout room by gym to discuss February's activities on Tuesday, Jan 22nd. We need to meet!
- Wx time sheets for December must be handed in no later than Jan 23/19. Also when handing in your timesheet, please remember to pick up a self evaluation form for you to fill out,as well as an Evaluation form for your employer to fill out and return to Mr. Huxley.
Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.