Daily Bulletin Tuesday, January 15, 2019 Day 1
- NO overhead announcements due to the diploma exam.
- Would all high school students please return their Semester 1 text books to the library as soon as they are finished studying. Do not wait until Semester 2 starts to return your texts - there are students who will need your text books the first day. Thank you!
- High school students who want timetable changes - forms will be available in the office startingtoday. Core classes CANNOT be changed without a parent signature. Students should see Mr. Bellerose or Ms. Dundas with any questions regarding credits and requirements for graduation and post secondary programs.
- All Northern Gateway Students are required to pay a yearly $30 technology fee. It is added to any other fee charged to the School Cash Accounting System Payment can be made online or in the office.
- Congratulations to the Jr Boys basketball team for winning the bronze medal at their tournament in Whitecourt this past weekend. Aiden Mendoza had an outstanding final game, leading the team with 28pts and 3 three point shots. Way to go Mustangs!
- RUNNING CLUB-
- Honour Band: Percussion will meet Wednesday after school.
- Grade 8 Percussion auditions will be Wednesday at NOON.
- PEER TEACHING LESSONS TODAY: Tuesday - Ashonti & student, Christie Brennan and Clarice White, Emma Jorgensen & Ava Maurer, Rochelle Serediak and Kaitie Davis
- U OF A LESSONS are on this Wednesday!
- Please see google classroom for comments on submitted assignments. Check Power School to see what you are missing
CAFE CORNER –
- Monday- Boneless Chicken Wings, Onion Rings, Cup of Juice $8.00
- Tuesday- Philly Cheesesteak $6.50
- Wednesday- Mozza Bacon Chicken Burger $6.25
- Thursday- Mac & Cheese, Garden Salad, Cup of Juice $8.50
- Friday – Beef & Greens Stir Fry, Rice, Pineapple Chicken Balls, Water $10.00
- Weekly Special- Super Grilled Cheese $5.00 ; Add Soup $3.00 = Combo $8.00
- Soup Of The Week – Potato and Bacon $3.50
- Smoothie Of The Week - Orange Creamsicle Smoothie $4.00
- Coffee Of The Week - Caramel Fudge Latte $3.50
- CAFE upstairs in Learning Commons will be closed next week due to final exams.
FEMALES INC. –
- If you identify as female and want to have some fun at lunch - some former OJSH students are starting a group for you on Tuesdays at noon. First meeting will be Tuesday Feb 12
- The 2019 Grad list is posted. Grads - you must ensure your name is spelled correctly - let Ms. Dundas know if it is not. If your name appears on the Potential Graduate list- see Mr. Lobo or Ms. Dundas to find out how you can get your name on The Onoway Jr. Sr. High Graduating Class of 2019 list. Only the students on this list will be allowed to participate in OJSH graduation ceremony.
PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB –
- When: Mondays 3:40 – 4:30/5
- Where: Room 161 in CTS wing
- INFO: See Mr. Eastman for details
POST SECONDARY INFORMATION & SCHOLARSHIPS
- U OF A Info week is being held Jan 29th-31st. See one of the counsellors for a schedule
- Augustana University Campus Visits: Upcoming Preview days:
Saturday, February 2nd, 2019
Friday, February 22nd, 2019
- Grade 11 Students interested in attending the University of Alberta!! If you are an engaged student who would like to see the U of A like never before, continue reading. The Green and Gold Getaway is an exclusive event open to Grade 11 students from across Alberta. Twenty lucky students will be selected to visit the North Campus in Edmonton on May 11 & 12, 2019. If selected, the experience includes accommodations, travel expense reimbursement and a whirlwind weekend of exciting activities both on campus and in Edmonton. For more information or to apply for the experience, visit uab.ca/GGG The deadline to apply is January 27, 2019. Please see the counsellors if you have any questions.
- Grade 12s thinking of becoming a Mountie - stop by the wrap around and pick up an application to experience 5 days at Depot in Regina - the RCMP training academy . There is NO cost to attend if you are selected! Applications MUST be in BEFORE Jan 31.
- Meetings will be afterschool on Tuesdays in the library.
STUDENT COUNCIL –
- Time sheets for December are now past due.
Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca