Daily Bulletin Tuesday, November 19, 2019 Day 2
- SR Volleyball -Congratulations to the Sr. Volleyball teams for their Zone tournaments. Boys played well at zones but did not advance- their season is over. Girls won their Zone tournament here at OJSH and are off Provincials on Wednesday afternoon. The girls went undefeated in the round robin on Friday and Saturday morning then won exciting back to back 3 set playoffs matches vs Mayerthorpe and New Sarepta. By winning the North Central Zone banner for 2019, the team secured their spot in Provincials this week. The Sr. Girls Mustangs are now bound for Provincials for the 3rd time in 4 years!
- Personal Electronic Device use Survey Nov 14- Nov 20- OJSH administration has posted a survey for students and parents /guardians on Personal electronic Device use. It is on our website. From Nov 14 till Nov 20, 2019
- Ms. V’s December Dodgeball is coming!! Sign up your team shortly. Stay tuned!!
- STUDENT DRIVING/PARKING PASSES
If you do not have your parking pass by the end of Monday Oct 7, you cannot park student vehicles on school property starting Tuesday Oct 8. The passes cost $5 .High School students will need to have the documentation for purchasing a parking pass to bring a vehicle to the student parking area. See Constable Duncan or Mr Lobo.
- ATTENDANCE and LATES Starting on Monday Sept 9, The OJSH attendance policy will be in effect for Semester 1. The policy is posted in each room on BLUE paper . Students who are late to a class need to come to the office for a late slip and will be admitted to class. Phone calls and emails through the PowerSchool system go out for absences that the office was not notified about. Please have parents/guardians notify the school by email or phone call if you are absent for a reason.
- For everyone’s safety there is to be NO Scootering or skateboarding (or the like) on school campus sidewalks, parking lot, roadways.
- Just a reminder to students that the Heritage Center is not for students to loiter, smoke or vape.
- Remembrance Day Contest. Are you artistic? Do you enjoy creative writing? The Canadian Legion is offering prizes of up to $1000 for students who excel in art or writing.Essays, Poems and Posters (color or black and white) can all qualify to win. As always the theme of the contest is 'Remembrance'. See Mr. Rohatyn for more details and an entry form if you are interested. The deadline for submissions is November 25th. The contest is open to all students in grade 8-12 with prizes awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
- If you are working on a diploma course, you must be signed up with MyPass from Alberta Education. See councillors in Wrap Around area if you need some help or see Ms. Swerda on Fridays (you can also call Ms. Swerda at the Outreach - 780-967-5518).
ART CLUB –
- Art club is on Wednesdays. If you would like to spend some time after school in the art room, painting, drawing, visiting and using our or your art supplies please drop by after school on Wednesdays. We will be looking at bringing in guest artists who will broaden your experience.
- Zone Champions! The Sr Girls Volleyball team pulled it off. The girls went undefeated in the round robin on Friday and Saturday morning then won exciting back to back 3 set playoffs matches vs Mayerthorpe and New Sarepta. By winning the North Central Zone banner for 2019 the team secured their spot in Provincials this week. The Sr Girls Mustangs are now bound for Provincials for the 3rd time in 4 years!
- High volleyball Wind-up for boys and girls teams is after school on Tues. Nov. 26th. Please bring your uniforms for team pictures and to be returned. PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA!
- Basketball Tryouts start next week. Tryout dates and times are posted on the gym doors!
- MUSTANGS CHEERLEADING -Thurs.Nov.28 will be an open viewing practice. ANYONE who is interested in finding out what competition cheerleading ACTUALLY looks like, is welcome to watch our practice from 3:45pm to 5:30pm in the gym. Dance choreography practice will be Saturday, November 30 from 10am to 2pm HERE at the school. This is an opportunity to become educated!
- SatNov.30 - Dance choreography practice HERE at school from 10am to 2pm.
- Sat. Dec.14 - Full floor practice AT SABRES CHEER in Rochfort Bridge from 11:15am to 3pm.
- RUNNING CLUB – Please see Mrs. McNalley at lunch in the foods lab.
- Our Winter Concert will be December 5th at 7:00pm in the school gym. All are welcome.
CAFE CORNER –
- Weekly Specials:
- Monday- Jumbo Hot Dog & Juice - $4.50
- Tuesday-BBQ Pork Rib Patty - $6.00
- Wednesday- Popcorn Chicken Poutine - $6.00
- Thursday- Creamy Chicken Linguini, Garlic Toast & Bottle of Water $8.50
- Friday- Regular Menu
- All daily specials are served with fresh sliced veggies sticks.
- Soup Of The Week – Hearty Beef Vegetable or Tomato Bisque $3.75
- Weekly Special- Super Grilled Cheese, Soup & Cup of Juice $8.00
- Calm 20 students SEM 1
- Calm students have to meet with Ms. Swerda on Tuesdays and Fridays in rm 164
- Depending on your block to do Calm, you meet with her at the:
- END of BLOCK 1 10-1015
- BEGINNING of BLOCK 2 10-30-1045
- END of BLOCK 3 1:35-1:50
- BEGINNING of BLOCK 4 2-2:15
- LAST 4 PRESENTATIONS:
- 22 - Block 1 - Healthy Relationships
- 26 - Block 4 - Health Nutrition
- 6 - Block 1 - Sexual Health
- 6 - Block 4 - Resiliency
- Check your school email account daily.
GENERATION FEMALE –
- Information on Diploma Exam Preparation Courses is available from your diploma teacher or the counsellors in the Wrap Around.
- Stawnichys Fundraiser.
- Please make cheques payable to Grad Parents Association
- Ensure Grad Student’s name is marked on the form.
- Use Pen. No pencil.
- Forms are due November 19, 2019
- Pick up will be December 13, 2019 after 3:30 pm. The profit you raise from this fundraiser will be directly applied to lower your ticket price.
- There is a movie pass fundraiser for Landmark Cinemas from November 4 - November 22. There are forms in the office. - This is a school fundraiser.
LEARNING COMMONS CAFE –
- The Learning Commons Cafe is open upstairs!! Coffees and assorted drinks, wraps and sandwiches, and assorted sweet treats. It will be open from 8:30am to 10:00am; then 11:50 am to 1:00pm. Coffee & Hot Chocolate are specially priced at $2.50.
POST SECONDARY INFORMATION –
- Students interested in travelling and studying abroad once they graduate should check out studyandgoabroad.com
- Post-Secondary Open Houses
- Yellowhead Tribal College- Thursday, November 21st.
- All Northern Gateway Students are required to pay a yearly $30 technology fee . Payment can be made online or in the office to Mrs. Mahon.
TOUR GROUP 2021 –
- Are you in Grade 10 or 11 this year and want to travel to Greece with us? We still have spots available for our upcoming trip to Greece with a Mediterranean Cruise next spring! Go See Mr. Missfeldt for information. Spots are filling up!
- October’s timesheets are due! Please hand in to Mr. Huxley, asap.