Prospective U of A Students: Please note application deadline for U of A is March 1 for students wanting to attend in the fall of 2019.
Augustana University Campus Visits: Upcoming Preview day: Friday, February 22nd, 2019
King’s University Open House -March 2, 2019 10 am - 2 pm Visit kingsu.ca for more information or see one of the counsellors. Application fee is waived when you apply at the event.
Explore all that NorQuest College has to offer!
Thursday, February 28
5:00 – 8:00 pm
Main Downtown Campus
10215 108 Street NW
Visitors will be able to take part in program information sessions, as well as visit the exhibit fair to learn about all programs, admission requirements, funding options, upgrading, student services, and more!
Guests will also be able to check out the Interdisciplinary Simulation Centre, Early Learning and Child Care lab, and Students' Association of NorQuest College.
Information sessions will be held at 5:30 pm, 6:15 pm, and 7:00 pm in these program areas:
As well, Tim Hortons will be open until 8:00 pm; visitors can stop by and enjoy a free coffee or tea and donut while they attend Info Night!
- AFS Interculture Canada - offers opportunities for students to study in another country. Scholarships are also available. If you are interested - see one of the counsellors.
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! Encounters with Canada If you are a student in grades 10 or 11 who tries your best in class and is interested in learning more about Canada - consider applying to attend Encounters with Canada - a one-week trip to Ottawa. During that week you will focus on an area of interest (examples: RCMP, Government, Economy, Medicine), meet students from across Canada and learn more about our nation’s capital. Visit https://www.ewc-rdc.ca/pub/en to learn more about this great opportunity and see Mrs. Noyes if you are interested in applying.
Scholarships & Bursaries
Attention Gr. 12 students! Exciting scholarships & bursaries.
1) The Schulich Leader Scholarships are the largest and most prestigious undergraduate Science,Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) scholarships in Canada. Fifty students will receive scholarships valued up to $100 000. IF you interested in the Schulich Awards, please see one of the counsellors. The deadline for the school to send in nominations is January 30, 2019.
2) Alberta scholarship and award deadlines and applications:
Scholarships & Awards Deadlines:
It's important for students to leave as much time as possible to complete their scholarship applications. Many scholarships and awards have annual deadlines - and some have fall/winter session deadlines.
Alberta's scholarships and awards are made available either by:
- Student Application- Student must complete and submit application.
- Nomination of Recipients- School/supporting organization must nominate and process application on behalf of the student.
Note: For nominated scholarships and awards, students must inquire about the school’s/sponsoring organization’s posted application deadline. This deadline typically falls months before the nomination deadline which is in place for the school/sponsoring organization to submit their nominations to Student Aid.
The deadlines for submitting completed applications and supporting documents required to apply for Alberta scholarships and awards varies according to each scholarship and award.
This recently launched new website ( https://ScholarTree.ca) helps students find and apply for scholarships.
The site was created with the intent to help reduce student debt, which many students have to take on for post-secondary education. ScholarTree.ca streamlines the scholarship process for students; all they have to do is create a simple profile and based on the information they provide (including school, field of interest, volunteer experience etc.) we will match them to all of the scholarships that they qualify for. ScholarTree is 100% free to students!
4) The Royal Canadian Legion
Attention any and all graduating High School students. The Royal Canadian Legion has bursaries available for students graduating from Canadian high schools. The bursaries are available at both the Provincial and Local Branch level. Visit the counselling office to get the website address or more information.